At garten, we are grateful to be your workplace wellbeing partner. As part of our commitment to this role, and in light of the current Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) concerns, these are the proactive and socially responsible practices we follow to help prevent the spread of this contagious disease as we provide services in your workplace.
- We provide mandatory training and education to all garten Warehouse, Delivery, Culinary and Happiness crew members on best practices to avoid the spread of contagious disease, as prescribed by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Team members have been advised to take their temperature before coming to work.
- Team members wear personal protective equipment, such as disposable gloves and face coverings while they are working with food and/or in kitchen areas.
- Team members will wash their hands regularly following CDC approved guidelines. When hand washing is not available, e.g. Delivery crew member on route, hand sanitizer has been provided.
- Team members will conduct disinfection and sanitation tasks on food contact surfaces following FDA approved disinfectants that are safe for food contact surfaces and touch points.
- Team members will service your Kitchen during off hours. In most cases this time is between 6pm to 9am. When more than one garten team member services your Kitchen, they will observe social distancing standards.
Our Enterprise Health and Safety team closely monitors updates to prescribed best practices at the CDC, FDA, and WHO websites to continuously inform or enhance our health and safety measures.
We encourage you to join our team members in practicing preventative measures by eating healthy snacks and meals, getting plenty of rest, staying well hydrated, and being active. Additionally we are inviting you to follow best practices that will help you minimize the transmission of contagious disease.
- Remain home if you are feeling ill – coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face covering and/or avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands and other close contact.
- Make use of the single-use and disinfectant supplies that we’ve made available in your Kitchens.